The MVH Program is Back! Come join the fun.
You might remember that last year we announced a new community initiative here at Blues, the Most Valuable Hackster program (MVH).
The community submitted some great projects like: Naveen’s Fall Detection System with Edge Impulse and Blues Wireless, Irak’s Mapping the Outdoors with Adafruit. io and a Notecard or Pradeep’s Predictive Maintenance with Blues Notecard and Wio Terminal to name a few.
We are once again inviting our community (you!) to build and publish your own projects to Hackster (and more importantly, get paid to do so).
tl;dr: Blues is offering free hardware and reimbursement ranging from $500-$1000 USD for creating and publishing project tutorials on Hackster. Read on for the full details.
Here is how the MVH program works, from start to finish:
- You dream up an IoT project that uses a Notecard (check out some use cases below for inspiration).
- Send us your contact info and project idea using this form.
- We review and approve submissions on a rolling basis.
- Once approved, we send you a 15% discount code for any Blues hardware needed (with the remaining 85% reimbursed after the project is published!).
- You write up the project (we will help with editing!) and publish it on Hackster.
- Once it’s been approved and published on Hackster, we reimburse you for the other 85% of your Blues product cost AND $500-$1000 USD for your time (agreed upon before you start the work, based on estimated complexity of the project).
You’re not limited to just one project, and this program is available globally (reimbursement methods may vary depending on country).
Our hope is that your imagination guides you to places we can’t even dream! However, we do have some basic “guardrails” to make sure the project you’re creating is valuable to the broader community:
- The project can be as ridiculous as you want, but at its core it should address an issue practical for the IoT.
- Feature the Notecard and Notehub
- Your source code (if any) must be hosted publicly on GitHub.
- Your Hackster write-up must be a full tutorial, grammatically sound, and easy for others to follow and re-build themselves.
Need help with your write-up? English not your first language? As long as you can put together a well-structured article, we have writers that can help clean up your project as needed.
For more inspiration, check out some more of the Blues projects submitted during the first round of the MVH initiative:
- Building a Smart Helmet with the Blues Wireless Notecard
- Routing BLE Sensor Data to the Cloud with Blues Wireless
- Widow’s Might: Non-emergency IoT service buttons for Elders
- Ocean Buoy to Measure Waves & Drift using Low-Power Cellular
- ML Anomaly Detection in Elevatos w/Edge Impulse & Notecard
- Build a Tracker using GPS, Cellular and a Flutter Mobile App
Use this form to submit your project ideas.